Civil Union/Partnership Marriage in North West

Do you want to register a Civil Union/Partnership Marriage in North West? Contact your nearest Home Affairs office which has appointed Marriage officers who can solemnise civil unions/partnerships. The DHA office can inform you on the procedure.

Home Affairs office in North West

Atamelang Medium Office
Unit 1, 1093 B Main Street
2732 Atamelang
Telephone: 018 334 9001

Brits Medium Office
27 Tom Street
Telephone: 012 252 3534

Ganyesa Medium Office
E 1764 Phola Road (Next to Public Works)
Telephone: 053 998 33 66/7

Klerksdorp Local Office Large
50A O R Tambo Street
2570 Klerksdorp
Telephone: 018 462 6720

Madikwe Medium Office
Magistrate Building, 1 Ditlou Street

Civil Union Wedding in North West

A civil partnership/union marriage in terms of the Civil Unions Act provides recognition in law for Man/Man & Woman/Woman (same gender) couples and is by law an arrangement alike a marriage between Man/Woman (hetero) couples.

A civil partnership/union is also known as a same gender marriage.

However, in South Africa a civil union/partnership can also be formed by Man/Woman (hetero) couples.

Legal consequences & Civil Union Attorneys

Civil partnerships have the same legal consequences, responsibilities and rights as a marriage under
the Marriage Act. Find Legal Experts here: Civil Union/Marriage Attorneys

Marriage officers

Marriage officers who are appointed by Home Affairs and Magistrates are able to solemnise civil partnerships.


Wedding Ceremony

- At the ceremony there must be at least 2 competent witnesses present.
- The persons who want to register and enter into a civil union must be 18 years or older and may not be already married.

More information

Contact the DHA Home Affairs office in directly or visit website:

Register and initiate a Civil Union/Partnership Marriage in Atamelang, Brits, Ganyesa, Klerksdorp, Madikwe, Mogwase, Potchefstroom, Taung Station and Vryburg in North West.

Other Services

Please note that this website is not the official website of the South African Department of Home Affairs. The only purpose of this website is to provide quick information on DHA locations in South Africa.