Civil Union/Partnership Marriage in Gauteng

Do you want to register a Civil Union/Partnership Marriage in Gauteng? Contact your nearest Home Affairs office which has appointed Marriage officers who can solemnise civil unions/partnerships. The DHA office can inform you on the procedure.

Home Affairs office in Gauteng

Brakpan Medium Office
Elveko Building, 118 Kingsway Ave
1541 Brakpan
Telephone: 011 744 8120

Cullinan Medium Office
Cnr R513 and Main Road(R515)
1000 Cullinan
Telephone: 012 734 1016

Evaton Medium Office
3825 Union Road, Mafatsane
1985 Evaton
Telephone: 016 430 0219

GaRankuwa Medium Office
8835 Ntlatleng Street, Zone 5
0208 GaRankuwa
Telephone: 012 703 0146

Heidelberg Medium Office
26 Euckermann Street
1441 Heidelburg
Telephone: 016 341 6333

Civil Union Wedding in Gauteng

A civil partnership/union marriage in terms of the Civil Unions Act provides recognition in law for Man/Man & Woman/Woman (same gender) couples and is by law an arrangement alike a marriage between Man/Woman (hetero) couples.

A civil partnership/union is also known as a same gender marriage.

However, in South Africa a civil union/partnership can also be formed by Man/Woman (hetero) couples.

Legal consequences & Civil Union Attorneys

Civil partnerships have the same legal consequences, responsibilities and rights as a marriage under
the Marriage Act. Find Legal Experts here: Civil Union/Marriage Attorneys

Marriage officers

Marriage officers who are appointed by Home Affairs and Magistrates are able to solemnise civil partnerships.


Wedding Ceremony

- At the ceremony there must be at least 2 competent witnesses present.
- The persons who want to register and enter into a civil union must be 18 years or older and may not be already married.

More information

Contact the DHA Home Affairs office in directly or visit website:

Register and initiate a Civil Union/Partnership Marriage in Brakpan, Cullinan, Evaton, GaRankuwa, Heidelburg, Johannesburg, Krugersdorp, Mabopane, Mahube Valey, Mamelodi, Nigel, Orlando West, Pretoria, Randburg, Randfontein, Roodepoort, Sebokeng, Springs and Wynberg in Gauteng.

Other Services

Please note that this website is not the official website of the South African Department of Home Affairs. The only purpose of this website is to provide quick information on DHA locations in South Africa.